Alan Byrne

London, United Kingdom alan@burnsie.com

I am a product leader who previously led a startup, as CEO, through a successful acquisition. I am passionate about taking an idea and turning it into a product that customers love.

Ideas are easy - execution is everything.

Experience

Head of Product - SMB & Payroll

Access Group

As Head of Product I was responsible for creating and delivering the product strategy for Access Group's $50m+ People SMB division to deliver on Access's growth goals. I oversaw a portfolio of 9 SaaS products which help UK Small Businesses attract, hire, onboard, manage, pay, and develop their employees. These products covered HR, Payroll, Talent Acquisition, Learning and Development, Employee Engagement, and Performance Management.

My role was to lead and mentor a team of 13 product managers, so that they could deliver value for over 15,000 small business customers and deliver over 10% of year on year revenue growth to the business.

April 2023 - April 2024

Group Product Manager

Twitter

As Group Product Manager, I was responsible for overseeing two product areas within the consumer subscriptions organisation:

I defined and executed on the long term growth and monetization strategy for TweetDeck, Twitter's product for their most engaged customer segment. I led a cross functional team consisting of Engineering, Design and Data Science to grow our customer base and achieve our OKRs by improving the product using customer research, data and continuous experimentation.

I also led a product team responsible for delivering content access for Twitter Blue customers. As part of the subscriptions leadership team, I contributed to the overall strategy and delivered a large part of it through my product management team. The main facets of this role included working with stakeholders across the business to ensure we are meeting the needs of our customers and our partners, whilst mentoring and supporting my direct PM team.

October 2021 - February 2023

Group Product Manager

Intuit

I lead Intuit's payroll product strategy for the UK Quickbooks business unit. As a key member of the payroll cross functional team we have grown our customer base by over 300% in the past 2 years.

Key responsibilities include:

• Acting as the payroll SME to the business, regularly speaking at industry events, conferences and on webinars
  • Developing and delivering on the long term strategy for multiple payroll products in the UK
  • Driving strategic alignment between the UK and US leadership teams
  • Leading the product development team to ensure we deliver the best possible customer benefit in the shortest time period
  • Certified as an expert in Intuit's product development process, sharing best practices and leading design sessions for other teams
  • Managing and mentoring junior product managers
July 2020 - October 2021

Senior Product Manager

Intuit

I was responsible for the success of Intuit's payroll products in the UK market.

May 2018 - July 2020

Vice President of Product

Quadrotech

My team and I drove Quadrotech's product vision forward into the market. I built a product management team from scratch that combined Quadrotech's two independent business lines into a single cohesive product set.

Feb 2017 - May 2018

CEO

Cogmotive

As CEO and a Co-Founder of Cogmotive, I built an MVP out of an idea and turned it into a highly profitable multi-national company with more than 12 employees.

Cogmotive was acquired by Quadrotech in November 2016.

Jul 2012 - Feb 2017

Education

Charles Sturt University

Masters of Management (Information Technology)
2009 - 2011

Skills

• Product Management
  • Business Management
  • Strategic Planning
  • Stakeholder Management
  • Task Prioritization
  • Generally getting shit done

Interests

I'm an experienced Product Leader, a fast learner who enjoys a challenge and a coffee snob. Recently I've had much more practice at navigating the shifting sands of an extremely fast growing company. I've finally started putting the stuff I learned in my Masters of Management Degree to good use!

I travel as often as possible, make fantastic coffee, love to cook, I'm an Excel Ninja and I'm really good at Googling.

Alan Byrne

London, United Kingdom